Monday, November 15, 2010

I took a class!

Yippee...I took a class! Everyone once in a while - I too - need some inspiration! So off to Edmonton I went for the weekend. Hooked up with Holly on Saturday and the two of us got inspired together. The class was for a 2011 Yearly Organizer (taught by Kathleen Sandby & held at Treasured Memories). It was loads of fun and I must say it made my creative juices...juicy! Most of you who know me will know that of course I didn't follow the rules...it is pretty close - but of course I have changed it a bit. I am not totally done yet - but the basics are there and I just have to finish with stickers and ribbons.

Here are a few pictures of what I have done so far...


This is a small (approx 5x7") coil bound scribbler that has been gypsified and is a cool addition to the project.


Products used: 7 Gypsies - Library Drawer, Gaffer Tape(s), Paddington Paper Collection, Gypsy Market Papers, Tags (97% Complete), Antiquarium Journal Pages, Photo Carousel Dividers, Transparencies, Stickers (97% Complete - Year), Paddington Clear Stamp & misc metal embellishments; Tim Holtz - Tissue Tape, papers; Maya Road Kraft Envelopes; misc office papers & embellishments (as well as some made by Kathleen herself); misc ribbons (Maya Road, Making Memories & Prima...I think)!

I am thinking I would like to do another - but this time not do the yearly theme...make it a PHOTO theme! I think using the 7 Gypsies Photo Carousel product line could prove to be very interesting!Just imagine...Photo Carousel General Cards, Gypsy Market Photo Carousel Cards, Photo Carousel Index Tabs, Photo Carousel Office Cards, and so on (just do a search on the site for photo carousel and it will all come up).

**Blog Edit...I just had yet another shiny moment (gotta love those...squirrel!....), what about combining two favs - 7Gypsies AND Tim Holtz! My heart is a twitter! I am seeing loads of metals and those B E A U TI FUL paper stacks cut with On the Edge Dies and ...!** 11/16/10

Remember a few days back I had said I was going to actually scrap? Well I did...not much, but I did - just need to take a few pictures and post. I will try later this week. It is a busy week so no promises!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...