Monday, March 7, 2011

G45 Filed!

There is a funny story behind this creation.....

Last week I was looking at ALL the stuff in the shop and thinking, "I really need to start using some of this..." I caught sight of the Heidi Swapp Fastenation Albums and thought...I could work with this....so I sit at my desk and look at the stack of file folders on my desk.....(so much for using the HS Album)!

Well here is the result - This way cool 'mini book' made with five standard size file folders and some Graphic 45 Transatlantique papers (I'll get to the funny part soon)! Loads of pockets, folds, flips and tags - so many places to put photos. As usual - I have yet to put my finishing touches on it (fibres and oh ya...photos)!


Inside of first folder, left & right sides flips down for added photo spots and of course journaling.
here is the flip down of the left hand side and a shot of the tag out of it's pocket...


The second file folder once again has a flip down on the left, and a pocket on the right with a removable tag....

Folder three has a flip down one either side, tag/pocket in center. Only catch this time is the right side fold is accordion style....

The fourth folder I simply created pockets on both sided and filed them with tags (decorated with coordinating papers)....

The last folder is a large pocket filed with tags on the left and the right hand side is an EXTRA large tag I made that slides in the pocket created on the right had side of the folded file folder!
So, now onto the funny part of the story...

I did a search on the net for file folder mini albums (I think that is how I worded it) thinking I may find some more inspiration on different things to do with file folders or how I could tweak this one a bit....and what did I find - one almost EXACTLY (minus the paper line) like this one! Guess that will teach me for thinking I had come up with the bestest idea ever!

Products used: standard manila file folders, Graphic 45 Transatlantique Paper Collection & Tags, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Ranger Manila Cardstock.

Hey - remember a post a while back....I am headed to Edmonton this weekend to take a few classes...one being taught by TIM HOLTZ! Can't wait...I will take my camera for pix of course and if I have time - will post over the weekend on the blog, watch for it!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...