Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A funny thing happened on the way to the shop...

I did a stop in my upstairs office and check the emails on the computer and had an email from a customer. At the bottom of her email were links to her blog & flickr sites...so like any interested scrapbooker - off I go to look.

Now I know why so many of you are ordering certain product right now! You are all taking the Ali Edwards Scrapbook on the Road class! I had looked at this in the past as Ali is one of the blogs I frequent daily for inspiration (and general interest)! Liked it, but not enough to actually pay for what seemed like a simple project. So after checking out the blog of this customer and her Flickr photos...off I went to Ali's site to get this class! The best part of the class I must say are the simple comments and ideas that Ali shares in here videos! It really makes you think back to the basics we all used to do years ago before we allowed all the new and shiny items to get in our way.

If you are looking for something different, or something to simply just inspire you to try something different - I strongly suggest you head over to her site and check out this class. Ali also has other classes (self paced & workshops) over at Big Picture Classes that will sure to grab your attention.

I had hoped to get started on it today, but no such luck. I couldn't believe it when this morning once again I had a few more orders with items I am sure will be used for this project! So now - with any luck I will be able to get a bit of inspiration tomorrow and get started on this project. One thing I am sure of is that I will be using a lot of my 'stash' to create this book. Whether I chose to do the same size as Ali or maybe a bit bigger...smaller...I guess only time will tell.


....stay tuned!


June 8 update: for all you doubters out there...I actually DID get the album somewhat assembled today. All the pages are cut and put in order with the papers, boards, pockets & envies! Will take photos tonight or tomorrow and post so you have proof! I was able to use most of my own stash of goodies...only had to sway to the store for two items!Link

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...