Saturday, February 18, 2012

Project 2!

Here is the next project I worked on and FINISHED! Yeah for me! This is a Kathy Orta project (Travel Tales) that I had worked on during the Christmas break (see original post here) - it took a ton of time but must say the finished project is pretty amazing! It is my own twist to it - and must say i am pretty happy with the outcome! I decided to make this a standard album vs the gatefold it is supposed to be and then instead of having a 'closure' I made this chipboard 'sleeve'!

The charms are from Michael's and can usually be picked up in the jewelry section and are often on sale!

Here is a 'group' shot of all the guts for the album. There are six pages and each 'page' has two pockets and allows for two inserts. One insert I made the suggested folio (tri-folded 8.5x11 sheet of cardstock) and the other I did a No.12 Shipping Tag (trimmed to fit) and used a different technique with inks for each one.


This is the bonus 'passport' project that is included in the tutorial, I just slipped it into the back of the album for added storage of ephemera.


I highly recommend Kathy's tutorials - they are well made (usually) pretty easy to understand. One thing I will suggest is that you also watch her Ustream Videos as you get loads of other info for each project. You can watch her videos here but please note this post for important info on the videos.

Supplies used: Cardstock - Bazzill Kraft in both 8.5x11" and 12x12"; Papers - 7 Gypsies Camden Paper Packs in both 8x8" & 12x12"; 7 Gypsies Ring Knob in Antique Silver (that I had to change the color to coordinate - worked pretty good); 7 Gypsies Display Trims Pyramid Studs Antique Brass; Adhesives - Provo Craft Terrifically Tacky Tape, ScorTape & ATG; Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Gathered Twig; Chipboard - Grafix Medium Weight; Tags - No.12.

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...