Saturday, September 29, 2012

Inspired by....

...my customers!  You have all been going like crazy, scrappin' up a storm and what have I been doing?  Shopping for more stuff and not doing any pages myself!  So in between shopping, shipping, stocking and sorting, I did a layout!  This layout was inspired from a blog I have found and LOVE!

As usual I have done layer on layer on layer of patterned paper and then a quick pieces of solid cardstock.  All the edges are inked, torn, scrapped and whatever else I could think of.

I know I would still like to put a title, but just can't think of one.  This is a photo of the first day of school (grade 12) so one would think he should have been excited....not my kid, he would rather just not go to school!

a little closer look....


a mix of Prima Junkyard Findings Gears and Typo Zippers, 7G Vintage Pin Antique Brass, Tim Holtz Long Fasteners and Game Spinners, all adhered with Ranger Ink Inkssential Glossy Accents.  


Creative Impressions Antique Ruler Twill, 7 Gypsies Photo Turn (to accent the 12) and then used Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to tack down some of the distressed edges (inked with Gathered Twig). The stamped images are from Kaiser Textured Clear Stamp Numbers.  The Twill is Creative Impressions Antique Ruler, and I used a 7 Gypsies Photo Turn from my stash.  


I used an EK Success Slim Border Punch Round Binding to add interesting texture to the paper edges, inked up the twill adhered it using We R Memory Keepers Antique Brass Eyelets.


As like the previous photo, but here you can really see all the layers!  Also here, you can see yet another stamped image I used, this time Kaisers' Postmarks and Graffiti.


I added yet another layer of texture by spraying Studio Calico Mister Huey's Dark Calico and then sprayed the Kaiser Wooden Flourishes Locks & Hinges with Inky Black, then distressed them with sand paper and then of course re-inked them with some more Gathered Twig.






No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...