Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Crafty Me...

yesterday I left Glenda's feeling oh so inspired...

Though it would be a good time to start doing some of the projects inspired by the recent class offered by Stephanie Ackerman - Homemade Holidays 2012.


as you can see it doesn't take much - and they turned out kinda cool!  I added a tag that I had made a while back....what do you think?


 here are a few pictures to show you how I did it, the possibilities are endless!  I just used what I had (thanks to Glenda having the Christmas Bulbs)!

I started with a 10x10" sheet of 7 Gypsies "Paris" Tissue Paper..


crumpled it up...


added some ink...


and some more ink...


opened up the crumpled mess and added yet some more ink!


oh, and why not a bit of stain!


took the top off the ornament so I had somewhere to put my finger when I applied....


Ranger Glue & Seal (Matte) all over the outside !


place the bulb in the centre of the tissue paper...


and start wrapping it up!


tie your cute little package up (put on the little topper again before you finish tying up your knot).


I 'sealed' it with more Ranger Glue n' Seal!  Made four, three are more or less the same the the last one I decided to see what it would look like without having the tie at the top...not sure I like it - have to add something to it!


now, onto the next project!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...