Monday, January 27, 2014

Journal52

I know I have been a tad 'm.i.a' lately, but as most of you know, January is simply my busiest month behind the scenes.  It is my year end and CHA - can't get much worse.

To add to my busy schedule, what do I do...take a few classes!  One on the go right now is Journal52 - a Facebook Group hosted by Chelle Stein (www.journal52.com).  I feel bad that I am so far behind (they are on week 4 already), but I will catch up, we simply cannot rush creativity now can we?!

Well, here we go, some more shots of the art journal page....

Using my Dyan Reaveley Creative Journal I prep'd it using Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Gesso allowed it to dry (okay, probably not as long as I should have), then randomly dripped Tim Holtz Distress ReInkers in Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade and Old Paper. Used my Ranger Ink Craft Scraper to spread out the drips (in an upward motion)! Of ourse used my Ranger Mini Mister filled with water to make it do what I thought it should do.


Here I added a bit of texture using my Crafter's Workshop Chunky Chevron Template and Liquitex Light Modeling Paste (then should have waited longer to dry, but didn't - I'm impatient that way - but still turned out cool).


This is the 'flip side' of the template, using up the excess paste that was on the top (used on right hand side of page).


Added bits and pieces of some older Prima rub ons and a lot of paints from Claudine Hellmuth Studio Line including Yellow Pastel, Classic Teal, and Black Gesso.  The stamped image is from Kaisercraft Textured Clear Stamps series.


The drips are from Heidi Swapp Color Shine - Black Velvet; stamped letters are from a set of my via Cocoa Daisy Stamp of the Month set, stamped using Ranger Ink Archival Jet Black Ink Pad of course.


This little number is from Splash of Color Collage Sheet Vintage Girls.  Cut her out and slapped her on using Ranger Ink Claudine Hellmuth's Multi Medium (a fav of mine and of course a must have). 


Below is a fun one I like doing - using Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paints and stencils/templates.  The color I used here was Mustard Seed (yellow is obviously a favorite of mine as you will see) and the stencil was a Studio Calico Huey's Mask Star Pattern.  Love how it always turns out!


Here are some of the final results, I added Faber Castell Gelato's to the modeling pastes and the the outside edges of the page(s). Hard to see, but on the right hand side in the long smudge of teal, I scribbled with my Faber Castell White Pitt Marker (love love love).



Thanks for popping by and checking me out.  Head over to the shop to see what you too can get your hands on or join me on facebook and see what is happening there (be sure to like W2 Scrapbooking while you are there)!  See you again soon...I hope!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...