Saturday, February 8, 2014

Journal52 #3

Well I have been working on this page on an off for the week, do not think I am totally finished with it yet, but that is the glory of this type of creativity - you can walk away at any time and choose to come back at any time...it just doesn't matter!

Here goes... My color palette:


Trying real hard to get that perfect red...getting there, think I used just about every shade of red I had in my arsenal (even added some Red Pepper Alcohol ink to get the richness I was after).  I think what is bothering me the most is that the black atound the heart is simply too thick for my liking.  Of well...I'll survive! 


Here I attempted to use black gesso on a intricate damask stencil...not a great turn out (close up anyway)...but it will have to do!


Below - thought it was about time I added some 'paper' to my journal...it's been a while since I have been on a paint kick for a while!  The pages are from Glitz Designs, Color Me Happy Paper Layers. Added some Feathered Peacock Distress Ink Re-Inker and then sprayed with some water to dilute and spread.  There is also a bit of Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink Re-Inker on there as well.  Paper edges were distressed and then inked using (you guessed it) Tim Holtz Distress Ink Gathered Twigs!

You will also see that I added a stencil - Donna Downey's Prima Turkish Grunge.  I used Liquitex's Modeling Paste (very heavy & thick) mixed with black paint...must say, not may favorite application for an art journal page.  But am now reading that I can sand it...hmmmm!

The circles you are seeing are simply the lid from the Distress Paints dipped in it's own color (in this case, fired brick).


Here are a few more close up after some water was added to make a 'mess'!



notice what I emphasized on the page?


as it stands now....


This is where I got the inspiration for this page.

thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...