Thursday, October 30, 2014

Throwback Thursday...

Ever looked back at your early scrapbook pages....

Man, how scrapbooking has evolved over the last 18 years! I look back at my layouts and think - not ick - but just how much I too have evolved as a scrapbooker!

Like many scrapbookers, I started out by going to a Creative Memories class - I was hooked in a sense that it allowed me to be my creative self - I did it my way.  Sure I used their products, they were good and all that was available in my area.  I did find quickly that it did not have all the outlets for my creative juices - but I did my homework and did my research and found products that suited my style as it too evolved.

Here are my very first two layouts - simple, yes are they awesome, maybe not in today's eye.  I am okay with that.  We all change, that is life.  Would I ever go back and redo or change those layouts - not a chance (let's face it, I have a hard enough time stay caught up, cause I am still not caught up)!




Now lets go to 2014! One can say easily that my style has changed.  I totally agree with that, and I am good with that cause I know that next year my style will be different again!  Now you see I use a lot of pattern paper, textures and embellishments.  One thing I believe that has remained the same is that the photo is still the focal point of my layout.




It is one thing I try hard to keep as my focus - the photo.  Let's face it, we do these albums so that we have a memory of what we have done, where we have been and what we have created. I am the first to admit that I a bit bored with scrapbooking lately, but am trying hard to get my drive back into it.  I believe it has a lot to due with the fact that my son is now 18 and for the last six years of his schooling all I have is Basketball photos of him, seriously - that is all the kid did...spring summer winter or fall!

The last couple of years I have been spending more and more time in my Art Journals.  That is where I find I have the most creative freedom.  So over the last few months it got me thinking why can't I use all these fun 'techniques' in my scrapbooks.  This is nothing new, really it is a frame of mind, so I am going to use not only the techniques but the products and evolve some more.  If you look back this spring in my art journal you will see a few pages that really are 'scrapbook' inspired!




I truly enjoy the creative process and trying something different.  I can't say as I have ever really followed the norm - that just isn't me.  I am not saying I am a trendsetter, I am simply saying I do what I like and I do it for me. I am enjoying this journey of memories I have created for myself and for my family (and friends). I sometimes think of myself as a sponge, I soak in everything I can in and then eventually it all starts to come out! Here's to me finally getting some ink and photos to some paper!

Thanks for stopping by....



No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...