Thursday, November 6, 2014

Takeover Thursday!

Hi Everyone!  

I’m back with another installment for Takeover Thursday. This week I was inspired to create a birthday card using my Tim Holtz products (Lord knows I have enough of them).


The base of the card is a white bazzill  5 x 7” card.   I bought 2 boxes of assorted colors ages ago, I like to use them for cards that I want to add a lot of weight too.  Many of the cheaper blank cards (like Walmarts) are thinner and you can’t put a lot of layers on them. 


 
I pulled out my distress paints, poured and dabbed them on my craft mat, spritzed with water then I dropped a sheet of water color paper  into the paints.   I did that multiple times, spraying with water occasionally to move the paints, or adding a bit more paint to the mat.





Once satisfied I let it dry completely to set the paint, then I sprayed it with water and crunched it up to create texture.    I opened it up and used a distress ink pad to highlight the texture.



I wanted another layer of texture so I took some glassinepaper, scrunched it, opened it back up and colored it with black soot distress stain.   This will be the base of my card.



 The card was white and I found it too stark so I used a cork patterned washi tape to create a border,  then placed the glassine on the card.   Glassine can be difficult to adhere,  I have found that a combo of glossy accents and double sided tape works best.




I finished the front with some rub ons and some burlap looking Thickers.   To add a bit of pop to the edges I used some walnut distress paint and colored the edges.  



Happy creating to you all!   

Anita
(I’m now on facebook!!   You can find me as Anita Bee and follow my creative journey)

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...