Friday, January 22, 2016

WEEKEND JUNKET #02




Please take this for what it is - simply some inspiration to get you creating!  There are no hidden agendas or objectives, no I have to or else, just some simple prompts to hopefully inspire you to create!

Remember, how you choose to interpret the prompts is totally up to you! You can apply them to an Art Journal, Mixed Media project, Scrapbook Layout(s), ATC's or even Cardmaking, you choose!  Perception is how YOU see things, not me (or anyone else for that matter).  There is NO right or wrong way to take these prompts.

If you choose to partake in the 'prize' part of this challenge, I do have a couple requests/rules.  I need to be able to find them.  So you will be asked to either link it to this post via the links button at the bottom of this post on the blog or put it on the W2 Scrapbooking Facebook page under the coordinating post.  If you choose to post on Instagram, please use the hastag (#) #w2wj_ _ along with the week number.  For example, this week will be#w2wj02

At the end of each month I will randomly draw with all the participants post(s) and they will be awarded a store credit to W2 Scrapbooking! Please note that prizes are only available to participants in Canada and the Continental USA (where the shop currently ships).

Here we go...January's next set of prompts:

January 

Colors that Inspire...WINTER


What color do you think of when you think of winter?  Use that as yet another inspiration for you for your project(s) this time around.

#w2wj02

product focus - ephemera
tool - brayer
muse - numbers

An interesting way I am choosing to put a twist on the prompts this time is to use the term....

Use something NEW, something OLD something BLUE and something BOLD!

Now understand that I may not use the above on every challenge, but  I sure am gonna try!  

Here is my first take on the challenge prompts:


here is a quick rundown on how I got here!

Added (and may I say reluctantly parted with some of my fave ephemera to date) some Jolee's Boutique French General Ephemera with Matte Medium.


Now I found it too stark so I thought I would add some Dylusions White Paint (really? well it made sense in my head at the time) using my brayer. 



Now I decided it needed some black - so I took my Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Numbered, and added some Dylusion Black Marble Paint.  NOTE:  I am pretty sure I took a baby wipe and wiped back some of the white paint so I was able to see the cream and burgundy underneath of the ephemera.
I added another stamp (Unity Stamps Numbers) as another layer using the Black paint.  Sorry I didn't take a better shot.  This is kind of where I went off the rails sort to speak!


The page (base) was a cast off of colors I used back in December on a project and scrapped it into this extra journal I have.  I had thought I would use the brayer to push the paint through the stencil (above) and just wasn't happy with it.  Sooo...added some more paint to the stencil and smacked it down on this cast off page...ya - love it!!


So, not being happy with my original page...thought I might as well continue on with it in a new way!  I had just gotten in the DecoArt Media Antiquing Creams so thought I might was well try them out!

Started out using the Medium Gray


Once it was dry, I took a baby wipe and rubbed off what I did not want.  


Now I added the English Red Oxide (with my brayer this time) 



Once it was dry, again used a baby wipe to wipe off access. 


Then I added the Patina Green and repeated the same steps.



So love the results!  Don't think I am finished this one yet...

Hope you have as much fun as I did with the prompts.  I look forward to seeing what you create. 
 I'll be back February 5 with the next set of prompts; the third in 24 inspiring challenges coming to you this year.

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...