Thursday, June 16, 2016

Inspired by....

Jenn Shurkus!  I saw this image on Pinterest and went on to create my own version.  Yes is it quite similar, but just enough different that I know I did it.

Jenn took a class with Dina Wakley and posted it on her blog and low and behold the image made it to Pinterest and my feed, and that is where I saw it.  So wanting to make sure I give credit where due - I searched her name and found her blog and blog post about the class.  You can read all about it here.


I pre gesso'd my page and picked out the two colors that I thought she had used - Magenta and Lemon.  I swiped them on using a very saturated brush.  I wanted the colors to blend and drip as much as they could.  Being that I was working the Dylusions journal (verses Jenn having torn out a page), I carried it over the entire two page spread.




Once I (somewhat) dried the base, I added a tron sheet o vintage music paper and adhered with matte medium.


I then added another layer using a piece of a shopping bag (brown paper) again adhering down with matte medium.


I used one of my pouncers dipped in black gesso.  I also took the Dina Wakley Affirmation Stencil and  pounced a few of the words vertically on the page.


Before it dried, I spritzed it with water for some dripage.


repeated on opposite page.


I then pulled out my Dina Wakley Media Stamp Set Woodcuts, and stamped two images with Archival Ink (Jet Black) onto white cardstock.  I then cut them out being sure to leave some of the white around the edges.


I then adhered them down using Regular Gel Medium as these were on a pretty heavy cardstock.


You can now see I added the music sheet and brown paper bag pieces to the opposite page now too.


I took a smaller brush and dabbed it in Lime for the leaf and a mix of Lime & Sky for the flower


I now pulled out my Dina Wakley Heavy Body Paint in Black that has a Fine Tip Applicator on it and traced around parts of the page I wanted to accent.  I then spritzed with water as I wanted bleeding/dripping.



I also scribbled along the colored paint drips.  I have had better success than this; however, paint tube is running very low.



Thinking it needed some white, I scribble with my Fineliner (filled with white) and added some accents around the circles.




Again, had a boat load of fun on this one and it really didn't take long...under 45 minutes! Don't you wish you could say that about all your pages?!

Thanks for stopping by...see you again soon!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...