Friday, January 30, 2009

two in one day??

you betcha - and what a treat! Here is the newest creation in my ever evolving Baby's First Year....
Here is the cover and inside span - I used a 7G large portfolio and covered it in SU papers. This is a pack I had been hording for a while as it was a fave and didn't want to waste it. I really like how this turned out. I have made this for my friend Lynn, her cousin recently had twins - boy & girl - so it was hard to figure out how to do it so it was not so cutesy. I think it has turned out great! Since she did not have all the details on the birth - I made it so the 'My Birth' part was fill in the blanks.
Hard to see in the photo, but I actually created two separate books using covered chipboard in coordinating papers, envelopes and my bind it all machine.
In this picture, you can see I attached a card to the front of each envie for the parents to add the babies individual stats for each month of their first year (there are 12 envies per book). They can then use the envelopes to put memorabilia and photos of the kids each month!

The last thing I did was put a ruler along side the books for the parents to chart their growth each month - a bit more visual and not to mention, fills in space! For their names and initials on the front - I used my Cricut and some chipboard letters. There is also some 7G gafer tape (months) used for binding on the inside and outside folds.

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...