Tuesday, January 10, 2012

WHO MADE THIS GREAT BIG MESS?

We did...with great pride I must say too! Finally getting back on track after the holidays and that dreaded inventory! Luck for me I had a visitor between Christmas and New Years...one of my besties from Drayton Valley - Holly! We had do much fun - stayed up way too late, but had a blast and worked on three (yes, THREE) projects (didn't finish them all, but they are started)! We used two Kathy Orta projects and one of Laura Denison's.

When I took photos (simple proof that we do exist, and do create every once in a while) I tried to be sure that Holly's side was taken cause mine was a total disaster (kind of embarrassing, but you know what they say about a messy desk)!

Holly's work space....


Wendy's....ugh!...I had a picture of the floor beside me, but decided to take it off as it was pretty nasty!


These are the three projects we worked on (Holly's are on top). Front left to right...Kathy Orta's : The Perfect Little Scrapbook - Plus Soft Spine II; Kathy Orta's Travel Tale's (both found here); and finally Laura Denison's Stack the Deck Mini Album (free tutorial found here). Oh, and the little green bow is a creation we did using Laura Denison's Fast Gift Card Holder (free, here).

K, here we go with a few photos and product....


Mine (on left) I used the My Mind's Eye Everyday Fun Kraft line (6x6 paper pack, sorry now out of stock, but loads of the 12x12 and accessories here)! Holly used the Simple Stories Baby Steps 6x6 (found here). You will note that the spines are different on each - I did the regular spine and she did the hard one (only because I am too impatient to do all that cutting and taping)! My album is made using Medium Weight Raw Chipboard and Holly used light weight which we just grabs out of my stash of chipboard from paper packs.

Here are a few more pictures of mine...
Dies and stamps used: Tim Holtz Alterations Scallops On the Edge Die; Tim Holtz Alteration Movers and Shapers Magnetic Dies Imagine and Dream; The Crafter's Workshop Template - Numbers; Tim Holtz Journey rubber Stamp (from my stash); Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot. Adhesives used were Scor-Tape and Terrifically Tacky Tape.

This next album was a blast to do, but trust me one should not be working on it on the second night of continued creative brain work...one has a hard time comprehending English some times (the operative word being one, and the one being ME)! Most of you who are familiar with this project will wonder what the heck did I do here?! I actually made it into a regular album verses the Gatefold it was supposed to be (sorry, I am just not a fan of them). We used the binding method from the first project. I am very happy with the results - will even be more happy one I finish it!

Hard to see in these photos, but we both used 7 Gypsies Camden 12x12 Paper Packs and any bits of coordinating cardstock we found in my stash (and store). The covers are once again made using the Medium Weight Raw Chipboard and the spine we used light weight. The cardstock was Bazzill Kraft and ink was Tim Holtz Distress Ink Gathered Twigs (found in the Fall Set). Once again, Scor-Tape and Terrifically Tacky Tapes were my choice of adhesive (or my good ol' ATG at the end of the night)!




In this Stack the Deck, we used 7 Gypsies Paddington 12x12 Paper Pack along with some white envelopes (measuring 5 3/4 x 4 3/8", I am thinking they are some old Stampin' Up ones). Ink used to distress was of course - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot.


You can see that we took a bit of creative license and addes some stamped images and well as tore up the pages and inked and stapled all over the place!


Well, think that be enough for today, this post has been a few weeks in the works, get side tracked with the shop and of course all the buzz with CHA Winter just around the corner! Be sure to come back soon and I will share with you links for all the favorites so you don't have to go hunting!

Loads of new stuff still arriving at the shop, head over and see what's there and note that there is a new feature, let me know what you think....let's hope it works!

until next time...tootles all!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...