Friday, May 15, 2015

More MUM Projects....

As promised, here are the last three projects from my April Mix Ur Media Kit...

Every Story Has a Memory:

Did this page in my DLP Moleskine Journal using Mixed Media Paper.  I started off with spraying a liberal amount of Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray then blotting it so I was able to get the blotched look you see below.


Once it was dry enough to stamp, I randomly stamped parts of a Tim Holtz Stamp 'Papillon' (CMS106)


I then pulled out of my kit the strip of Photobooth included in the April Kit and cut up the three photos and went to work on them





I put them down along with a few other items from the kit (flashcard, die cuts, parts of the Tim Holtz vintage papers,  metal embellishments and twill).  Here are a few close ups. You can see in a few of the photos that I also added a few more drops of Lindy's for a splash of color (Tiffany Blue)








She Measures Up:

Once again, time to make use of the lesson(s) learned!  Need WHITE space, it is GOOD!!  So I did this on in my 9x12" Canson Journal - started off by putting down a large piece of the vintage pattern from the kit with matte medium.


then I added some of the left over 'rulers' I had cut out from the Tim Holtz paper; again, adhering with matte medium.


Next, I starting adding bits and pieces of paper embellishments that either came in the kits as is or cut from the papers...



here are some of the stickers from the Splash of Color Media sheet.  Again, all items were put down with matte medium.


once it was all dried, I added rub ons...making sure that I did not get them in their entirety as I wanted to to look worn.



once I was happy with it, I applied a coat of clear gesso as I thought I was going to add color...


change of plans - I applied Gesso using a palette knife as I actually wanted WHITE on the page.  This is how the page stands now...and I am good with it!


 Mrs Winterbottom:

This one was a fun one - I threw out so many rules and did several 'why not' ideas.  The first one being...dry brushing with Archival ink!



I sprayed with my Lindy's using the stencil included in my kit, then I took the stencil and turned it on its face to use the ink left on the face of the stencil.


Now pulling what bits and pieces I had left from the kit...I inked and sprayed them along with a doily from  my tickle trunk of goodies.


Started putting it all down in layers then thought I would try more of the dry brushing with Archival ink...this time through the stencil for added accents on the page.






I had a good idea from the start on using the mirror pieces...I wanted to use the rub ons on them.  They turned out great!



Now I am simply adding more and more of the metal embellishments that were included in the kit.


thought I would try doing an over spray hoping it would blotch up the page.  It probably would have if I was patient enough to let it dry on the metals!









either way, it is a page I really enjoyed playing on, not to mention I used a ton of the product from the kit...on one page!

REMINDER: these kits are limited editions and much of the product is brought in strickly for these kits.  Having said that, you may the odd time find the item or something similar on the site, so please be sure to check.

I have already started working on samples for the May Mix Ur Media Kit...it is a gooder and I once again have a wonderful guest designer to join in on the fun.  Be sure to check back May 25 for the big reveal!

No comments: