Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hey...I'm scrapping again!

About time isn't it?! Got six - yes SIX - pages done this weekend. Off to a good start I would say. Did four pages saturday and two today - only worked up until Super Bowl and then of course took a break! So here goes...

This is Drake's '10' birthday (I know I a bit behind considering he is going to be 12 in two weeks). This page was completed twice as I did not like the first one! Not sure how much more I even like this one - but hey, it's done!
Supplies: October Afteroon patterned papers; SU! & Bazzill solid cardstocks; '!' I traced from a Tim Holtz grunge board pack (the negative side) onto the October Afternoon pp; ribbon is American Crafts; button is SU! with a piece of October Afternoon under it for accent.



This one is more of Drake's 10th Birthay. He only had one friend over as all - and I do mean ALL of his friends were either in Yellowknife at the big hockey tournament or on holidays. I guess that is what happens when you are a winter baby! It was a balmy -37 and daylight, what more could you ask for?

Supplies: Not much! Pattern papers are once again October Afternoon; Solid Cardstock is SU!; Stamp is 7 Gypsies.



Yet another of the birthday. This is of the boys making dinner! They had tacos and cupcakes! NUMMO! I got my inspiration for this one from an issue of Simple Scrapbooks (last year) - I really like it and of course with my addiction to patterned paper - I had a blast doing it!

Supplies: Patterned Papers are once again - October Afteroon (I can't help it - I love it); Solid Cardstock is SU!; Rub-Ons are Beary Batch; Punch is SU! tab and Marvy Scallop Circle; Fibers are Basic Grey Motifica; computer font is 2Peas Billboard


Now we are onto Easter of '06 so that means April! Man how times flies! I think this one speaks for it's self...don't you?

Supplies: All papers are Piggy Tales; Epoxy letter is Pressed Petals




Easter morning (the last easter egg hunt in NW and for Drake). I guess when you kid says "You know Mom, I know that you are the one that hides it all, but I do like the candy" that about says it all!

Supplies: All papers once again Piggy Tales; Chipboard letters are also Piggy Tales as is the 'barn door' which is the hidden journaling piece at the bottom (under the flower which are Keepsake Memories and Prima combined). These are cool - you should check them out!

Okay, still in April...this is from a helicopter trip to Carcajou Canyon with Russ & Pat. Russ had won the trip in a Golf tourney and asked us to join them. I got the front seat (Thanks Russ!) mostly due to my inability to keep the contents of my stomach in my stomach when in a helicopters back seat! You can see by Drake's face (minus the glare of the flash on this layout) it was a tad 'cool' once we landed at the falls!
Supplies: All Rusty Pickle patterned papers except the arrow which is Scenic Route; the letters are SU! Chipboard that I covered with more Rusty Pickle papers (this is the reverse side of the strip paper).
So with any luck I will continue on my quest to get more layouts done this week. But looking at the time (12:45am) I am pretty sure I should be signing off as 7 am comes too early for this old body!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...