Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What If....

I was to mix modeling paste with tissue paper? An idea I think that would save a step perhaps?  Would have been cool if I would have stayed on track...as usual, got side tracked and this is the result...

Prepped Journal with Gesso, once dried - added Matte Medium then came the tissue paper (Tim Holtz Melange)





I got a bit ahead of myself and misses the step I wanted to try - so Modeling Paste is going on top....unlike the Light or Flexible I usually use, this time I chose standard Modeling Paste.  Probably not the best choice as this page now weighs a ton!  I wanted some serious texture, so I applied it quite roughly.




To add some color, I mixed Yellow Heavy Body Paint with Slow Dry Medium



Put a fairly heavy coat on.... 


...only to use a baby wipe to take most of it off!







Now begins the fun - so love this look, but knew that is not where I wanted it to end...


I literally sprayed every shade of Lindy's Stamp Gang Green Starburst Spray I had, sprayed with more water and wiped with a rag and baby wipe until I got the shade I had envisioned.  I then added a sheet of Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs Words making sure that I didn't always use them in their entirety so they looked distressed. 


The chipboard pieces are designs of a good friend of mine Glenda Schoepp-Drake (BoozyBear) and worked perfectly with this page.  The metal ones are Maya Road


Funny story behind the yellow light bulb....I was so proud of my creation had it all adhered down and flip it to show Glenda as she was across the table from me..."Really nice Wendy, but it is upside down!" Guess that will teach me for 'playing' late and not being in focus.  Sad thing is I didn't even notice until I was looking at it...upside down!



I wish the photos did it some justice, it really is so vibrant!  The Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays really rocked the page!  I have since (of course) added Black Gelato to the edges of the page, so love how it finishes it off. 


Thanks for stopping by....

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...