Thursday, October 9, 2014

Takeover Thursday!

Welcome to TAKEOVER THURSDAY!  This is where I will invite fellow crafters to 'takeover' my blog and post a project they have done or share some wonderful tip/trick from their vault of creativity.  For this weeks inaugural post, I handed my blog to one of my closest friends and 'partner in crime' against the norm. 

Please give a warm welcome to Anita B!

Everyone can agree that there is nothing more exciting that getting a haul of new supplies.   It’s inspirational and super fun to dive into something new, but after using it for a while we get bored and put it aside with the intent to revisit that product again soon (which we all know never seems to happen).

Recently I was looking through one of my storage bins and came across some older Jenni Bowlin and decided why not take it out and put a 2014 spin on my older papers.



I  started by mounting my photo on a piece of 2007 Jenni Bowlin paper (Vintage Black Bookprint).    I then pulled a sheet of black core impression paper & sanded it down in random spots using my Basic Grey Precision Tool Set, then I began to layer.


I liked the look of the Jenni Bowlin Core Impressions (Red) which I sanded as well.  It’s red on red so the variance in color hard to see in the picture, but in person it’s beautifully subtle.  I had a scrap sheet from Prima’s School Memories Collection that I used to accent the red. 



For embellishments I used  my Tim Holtz Film Strip Ribbon, Prima Flowers, a Junkyard Findings Jean Plate (to which I added Tim Holtz Distress Paint Brushed Pewter), Wood Icons in a box-Cameras (I spritzed these with Perfect Pearls for a bit of glimmer), Studio Calicao Cork Hearts, a 'captured' cut out I had and some camera Washi Tape.
   

I added a final few accents with Silver Photo Corners, and American Craft's Amy Tan Plus One Twin Phrase stickers.  I outlined these with my Signo White pen, then used my Ranger Black Fude Ball pen to add random accents.




I absolutely love it.  I still have some sheets left in the Core Impressions paper pack, but I’ll keep working on using it.  Why not?

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...