Friday, January 8, 2016

Weekend Junket #01



Welcome to the first Weekend Junket for 2016!  

Please take this for what it is - simply some inspiration to get you creating!  There are no hidden agendas or objectives, no I have to or else, just some simple prompts to hopefully inspire you to create!

Remember, how you choose to interpret the prompts is totally up to you! You can apply them to an Art Journal, Mixed Media project, Scrapbook Layout(s), ATC's or even Cardmaking, you choose!  Perception is how YOU see things, not me (or anyone else for that matter).  There is NO right or wrong way to take these prompts.

If you choose to partake in the 'prize' part of this challenge, I do have a couple requests/rules.  I need to be able to find them.  So you will be asked to either link it to this post via the links button at the bottom of this post on the blog or put it on the W2 Scrapbooking Facebook page under the coordinating post.  If you choose to post on Instagram, please use the hastag (#) #w2wj_ _ along with the week number.  For example, this week will be #w2wj01

At the end of each month I will randomly draw with all the participants post(s) and they will be awarded a store credit to W2 Scrapbooking! Please note that prizes are only available to participants in Canada and the Continental USA (where the shop currently ships).

Here we go...January's first set of prompts:

January 

Colors that Inspire...WINTER


What color do you think of when you think of winter?  Use that as yet another inspiration for you for your project(s) this time around.

#w2wj01

color - spray it
technique - splatter, splat, splash &/or splotch
add character - dimension

An interesting way I am choosing to put on twist on the prompts each time is to use the term....

Use something NEW, something OLD something BORROWED and something BOLD!

Now understand that I may not use the above on every challenge, but  I sure am gonna try!  For those of you that are able to do this together, the borrowed idea will be a lot of fun.

Here is my first take on the challenge prompts:

Using some of my OLD faves - Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays and Dabber Tops, I sprayed, splattered, splat and splotched them onto a gesso'd page in my homemade journal.




Decided to add some dimension using some Liquitex Light Modeling Paste through an ol' go to Dina Wakley Media Stencil - Affirmations  


Once it was (kinda) dry, I added some splats of FW Acrylics (by Daler Rowney) in Paynes Grey and then sprayed with a TON of water so it would drip down the letters (so they would show up better of course)



Here you can see it nicely now. 


Now I thought it was time to add another layer, probably because I wanted to brighten it up a tad... so I spritz some Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Spray in White Linen. Love what it did, especially after spraying with yet some more water!



Now I added something 'borrowed' - from my store! Lame I know, but what else could I do?  Thought of going out to hubby's 'shop' and borrowing a tool...but we have way too much snow out there (and I haven't shoveled back there yet) - so Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs it is.



Now it is time for something BOLD!!  I added more splats of FW Acrylic Artist Inks (Scarlet).  Looking at it here, I think I may go back to it and add some more fun...I am seeing some funky trees...are you?



To finish it off, I used a new pen I bought - Petit3 Fudeball and sketched around the outer edge of the page.


Hope you have as much fun as I did with the prompts.  I look forward to seeing what you create. 
 I'll be back January 22 with the next set of prompts; the second in 24 inspiring challenges coming to you this year.


Entries:


1 comment:

Nancy said...

That's fantastic, Wendy! Great prompts! I'll try to find time to join in the fun! :o)

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...