Saturday, October 2, 2021

Coming back fresh...



"Mischief"
24x24x1.5" wrapped canvas
Professional Grade Artist Materials - Acrylic Paints and Oil Sticks

This piece took me on quite a ride. I struggled with it mainly due its colors. As much as I love red, it is not a color I will put in my work - ever. I wanted to really push myself out of my comfort zone and boy did I ever. 

This one really transformed within itself over an almost two week process. I went in with a vision and a plan that simply did not transfer from my brain to the canvas.  So after a lot of back and forth with my self and who I like to call my strongest mentor - Julie Prichard - I was finally able to complete it and call it done. 

Here are a few images to see how it changed along the way. This is also a great way to see what lies below and often cannot be seen online. 

Getting the paint on
 
paint coverage and markings

creating contrast with more coverage

detials

final push for contrast and color bump


I have been a student of Julie's for many years and only really started focusing on pulling more and more aspects from each of her teachings towards my own style and goals as an artist. Over this past year, it has shown. I have a better focus not to mention outcome in each and every piece I have completed. Her never ending support and nudges have made me the more confident artist I have become. Please be sure to check her site (julieprichard dot com) and social media platforms (@julie.prichard).

Golden Paints: Pyrrole Red, Benzimidazolone Yellow Medium, Phthalo Blue Green Shade, Titanium White (&/or Zinc White depending on the stage I was at).

Thanks for coming by, I look forward to seeing you back here again.


No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...