Thursday, November 19, 2009

Look what I did today!



I picked this kit up at a sale in Edmonton a while back and thought it was about time I set to doing it. The idea behind it is pretty cool - not overly happy with the paper (colors more than anything - just not my style), but since it is not for me, I guess I just shouldn't complain!

I inked up the edges of all the papers as I am not really a white paper person! The chipboard letters were also inked up using Tim Holtz's Distress Inks (Walnut Stain, Fired Brick & Pine Needles) .

There is room for photos on each page (recommend trimming down photos of course or printing off wallet size).

I also put an envelope at the back so that keepsakes could be saved in this cute mini book!

This could easily double up as the 25 days of Christmas mini book (Ali Edwards) and modified/altered to almost any format! Other ideas could be using stickers, rub ons, your Cricut or Sizzix for letters; you could make it into a toddler's ABC Mini Book by simply changing the words that go along with each letter of the alphabet. It could be done in a almost any format of album as well! Why not try it as a paper bag album, envelope, acrylic...the list can go on forever!

I think I will try and make yet another one tomorrow but use different papers and my sizzix for the alphabets - wish me luck!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...