Sunday, February 19, 2012

Project(s) 4!

This is where I took some time off the the brain strain and had some good ol' fun! I had just watched a video the day before I headed out to Rustic Ridge Ranch. It was a Tim Holtz video from CHA recorded by Mark Giles of Scrap Time and can be watched here.

I played with the Ranger Kraft Shipping Tags (#8) which so far work the best (tried using the #12 Manila on my canvas project - even though the effect was there, the texture was totally different). Here are all three...

The first one here is stamped first (using Ranger Archival Black Ink) then sprayed using the Ranger Ink Refresher to get this texture effect (see video). Inks for distressing were of course Gathered Twig (with an accent of Barn Door & Weathered Wood). The stamp set used is Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Artful Artifacts.

The next tag, I sprayed with the Ink Refresher first, crinkled it up - dried it and then stamped the image. Distressed it with ink and then finished it off with Tsukineko Goosebumps Texture Spray. The stamp set used was Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Fairy Tale Frenzy. Inks were same as listed above.


This final tag I tried something a little different yet again. I used the Pink Paislee Misting Mask along with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Faded Jeans. I then applied the Ink Refresher (which did make the ink bleed, but was still okay), once it was dried - I applied Picket Fence Distress Stain. Dried it and then added the stamped image and of course the Distress Inks in Gathered Twig, Weathered Wood & Faded Jeans. The stamped image is from the set Soulful Journey.

I totally recommend checking out the video listed at the beginning of this post - there is so much more on there than just this tag technique. I have so many more ideas I want to try using this basic technique - wonder what it will look like using a patterned sheet of paper or cardstock weight printed sheet? Only time will tell on that one...gonna just have to make the time and try!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...