Friday, July 26, 2013

Digital?

Many ask why digital?  I personally am not a 'digi' scrapper.  I like to feel and touch my textures - but that is just me.  I have seen many a layout that if I hadn't known better, would have thought it 'real'! So why am I even talking about this then you ask?  Well let me fill you in...quickly!

Digital Scrapbooking at DesignerDigitals

There is more to 'digi' than most realize.  I do indeed us digi files - just not necessarily always for the purpose they were intended for.  I like to either purchase and look for freebies over the internet (try Pinterest) and use the files for journalling tags and or embellishments.  My favorite place to purchase digi files is Designer Digitals. I usually go for the overlays, brushes and stamps as those are the ones I can make the most of. Don't worry if you don't have a photo editing program (ie. Photoshop) as you don't really need them if all you are going to do is simply print them off and cut/punch them out.  Most files are downloaded in .png and .abr formats and many have .pdf as well. The .png files you can copy and paste to a word doc and adjust sizing then simply print off on cardstock of your choice! You can choose to put multiple images on one sheet or several of one to cut out or even punch out with your favorite punch shape! Verses me going over every detail - if you want more information, please check out Designer Digitals "Getting Started" section as it is loaded with pdf how to's!

Some of my favorite designers are Ali Edwards and Katie Pertiet (both at Designer Digitals). They are definitely my 'style' and love using their images in scrapbooks, cards and projects alike! Best part about Designer Digitals is there always seems to be items on sale - this week no exception - 30% off until July 30 2013!

Won't keep you any longer as I am sure you are just as busy as me - I just wanted to plant a bug in your ear and let you know there is always something more out there!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...