Friday, November 10, 2017

{More} Weekend of Inspiration & Creativity

Thanks for coming back to see what else I did on my weekend away!

I continued to play in my journals over the weekend - flipping back and forth between the Scribblepedia ones and my Sunrise Sunset Upcycled one.

Working in my Upcycled, this is the other half of the last page post in previous post.  This one is all Dina Wakley Media paints (Lemon, Ocean, Turquoise, Blackberry, Magenta & Lime). I applied using the dry brush technique with Dina Wakley Media Brush (1" flat).  When the base was done, I started with the stencils - only three this time (weird, i know)!

StencilGirl Products S339 and S196


Now it was time for some simple black doodles using Lyra Water Soluble Graphite Sticks.  
Tip Time: when I use my graphite sticks (or any color stick for that mater, I dip them into water first.  I really like the intensity of color you get this way.

So thinking that two stencils just doesn't cut it for me, I decided to add a third! Hard to see is the first image, you can see it much better in the second image (it is the yellow)


StencilGirl Products S131

This next one was quick one, I used the same Dina Wakley paint colors, the only difference is I did add some white to a few of the colors to change them up a bit.  I five different stencils here, never using them in their entirety.


StencilGirl Products S330, M071, S291, S296, S300.


This next one is the other half and backside of the previous. 
Don't forget that when I made this journal, my pages are in varying sizes, some fold in and out, others are like inserts in the open pages.  Fun, but can be challenging at times.  But in all seriousness, sometimes that is what I need to get me going!

This is all Dina Wakley Media paints - colors are all the same as previous page(s), but this time I have added black and white to them as well as mixed the colors with themselves at times.  I do this using inexpensive makeup wedges.  

Once again I have used StencilGirl Products stencils, bare with me as I go through them all...

Pretty sure I got them all (I hope), I as usual, used stencils multiple times (turning, flipping, moving them around) with a variety of colors along the way.



The addition of white doodles and marks are created using Liquitex White Paint Pen and Sakura Gelly Roll White Pens





Time to get back to some Dylusions! This time I am using the Winter 2016 color release which was very different from Dyan's usual colors.  This series included Dirty Martini, Tangerine Dream, After Midnight, Calypso Teal, Pomegranate Seed and Cherry Pie. I seperated them into warm and cool colors and then went to town! I tried to stay on a circular pattern, really moving, flipping and turning them just as much and often as I changed the colors!

StencilGirl Products S075

The next few are hard to see, but if you are familiar with the stencil(s), you will see them.  I added the rest of the colors over top, really working them in, again keeping with the make up sponges and using minimal paint on them.  It was getting a bit dark, so I did add a layer of white hoping to soften it up.

StencilGirl Products S293, S354, S243



Here is the insert/fold out between the above shown pages; keeping with the same colors.

Used a good variety of stencils n this one, sadly one that is no longer (Christy Tomlinson SHE ART for Pink Paislee - Vintage Doily Mask Stencil), Crafter's Workshop Radar and StencilGirl Products S275






Time to get back to my Scribblepedia journal.  This time around I was adding additional colors on top of colors using Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks. Again, I dipped them into water before making my marks on the page.  


For this next one, I doodled and made marks using the newest Sakura pens to my shop - Glaze 3D Raised Ink Pens. They come in both White & Clear.  For this application, I did it in clear BEFORE I added the colors so they would act as a resist. Cool isn't it!


Then I simply started added loose vintage papers from my shop to 'mop' up the colors all over my mat! Of course I added more along the way...papers and colors!  


I then took a break from the inks and decided to use some of my growing stash of Art Foamies!  Like I don't have enough stamps...but I didn't have these, nor had I hardly used them!!  So I decided to create some patterns using one stamp on this page.





Think that is enough for today!  Thanks for sticking around!  I will be back with one more final post of the weekends work soon!

Don't forget to keep an eye on my Instagram and Facebook accounts (and I'd love it if you would follow along) as I tend to post there more often (just not as much detail)!

Most products are linked to my online store W2 Scrapbooking & Mixed Media Art Studio and if I don't carry it, I will often link to where you can find it.

until next time...

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...