Thursday, November 9, 2017

A weekend of Inspiration & Creativity!

This past weekend was my semi annual getaway with my girlfriends - we have been doing this since 2012!  Twice a year we go to a place called Bittern Lake Lodge.  It is 'short' 3.5 hour drive away, but once we are all there...it travel is quickly never a big deal anymore.  And let's face it...living in Alberta (or Canada for that matter), distance is never a big issue as we all seem to to have to travel some sort of distance to get anywhere!

There are 14 of us that get together and the group can change slightly from time to time due to other commitments with some of our regulars.  But we always have a lot of fun and always look forward to the next time we get together.

This time around I really wanted to focus on one (okay, maybe two) projects.  I really edited what I was going to bring and still didn't use it all!  One day I will learn (not).

Here is a run down of what I worked on along with a few scenic shots (at the end)...


I decided to work on the Rae Missigman Scribblepedia class that I signed up for at Jeanne Oliver.  I will not go into too much details as this is a paid class and of course that would be just wrong!

After completing my altering of my books (I created two, one in an old Readers Digest and the other an old Encyclopedia), I began to ink it up!



Love how big it is getting with the addtion of moisture to the pages!  Some don't like this part...I LOVE it!


I used a variety of wet mediums - Dylusion Spray Inks, Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers, Dylusions Paints, Dina Wakley Heavy Body Paints, Tim Holtz Distress Crayons, FW Acrylics, Lindy's and just about anything else I could come across that I could add color to my pages!




Just look at all this color - a book full of bright, vibrant and fun color! 


I even tried manipulating the inks with my keycard to see if I could bet different designs on my pages! Why not?!


Didn't work as good as I would have liked.  But I did learn that I should have done one side at a time and then it would be way better! Live and learn!!







I am getting so excited with the look here! The colors are so bringing me joy - I do realize now that I will have to figure out some sort of closure eventually!!


Here I am doing the same thing but now in my encyclopedia.  I did notice that the sprays reacted very differently on these pages verses the (really) old book.  I was totally okay with it though.  I quickly discovered which paints and inks worked best - in this case, the FW Acrylic Inks and all of the paints.  The Spray inks I really have to work with, but you can see in some of the images that they worked out really good...


...that was due to me NOT adding the spritz of water!





Now it was time for me to move into one of my upcycled journals you saw me create in a previous post.  This particular one is the Sunrise Sunset one (see it here).

Used loads of Stencil Girl Products stencils and Dylusions paints.  For this particular one, I used the new Dylusions paint release (fall 2017).  I will list the stencils used under each photo.


As I added more colors, I added more stencils.  Important to note that in the way I use stencils I often use the same one for several colors and layers.  I simply keep moving, flipping, turning, and what ever else I think will make a difference...as I proceed on my page.




Time for yet another stencil...




More layers of paint and stencils...

StencilGirl Products M109 & S200


Now the addition of a few scribbles using waxed crayons.



StencilGirl Products M046, M103

and more doodles with the AC Chalk Crayons.



Onto my next page, having a blast with the Dylusions paints, this time onto the original 2015 release colors! 

StencilGirl Products M108, S378

StencilGirl Products M105, M092, M080
Along with the stencils used in the above image, I also used my brush to create marks and some of my very old American Crafts Chalk Crayons (which are basically the same as Tim Holtz's Distress Crayons).

StencilGirl Products S424, S506, M109, S503

This next one I seriously forgot to take pictures along the way!  I was having so much fun and was on a roll...

I used the Dylusions January 2017 release colors and of course more StencilGirl Products stencils (the white scribbles are using the Sakura Gelly Roll White Pen)! 

StencilGirl Products S503

Additional color scribbles are my American Crafts Chalk Crayons.

StencilGirl Products M080

Really like how this page turned out!!


On that, I will sign off for today as to not keep you here too long!  There are more pages to come tomorrow, hope to see you then.

But first, as promised...here are a couple pictures of us all creating away!






See you tomorrow...

Don't forget to keep an eye on my Instagram and Facebook accounts (and I'd love it if you would follow along) as I tend to post there more often (just not as much detail)!

Most products are linked to my online store W2 Scrapbooking & Mixed Media Art Studio and if I don't carry it, I will often link to where you can find it.

until next time...

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...