Friday, July 8, 2016

Weekend Junket #14



#w2wj14

color medium - paint
inspired by - Rae Missigman
texture - stencils &/or stamps

This set of prompts should be a lot of fun for you!  Simple... yes, creative...yes, inspiring...yes! Inspiration is everywhere, use it to your advantage!  You will be surprised on how easily it can guide you in your creative process. Be sure to head over to Rae's site as you will get loads of inspiration not to mention information. Rae does a segment on her site called 15MMM in which she creates a journal page in 15 minutes.  You will see inspiration of this in my page this week.


Don't be afraid to think outside and beyond your tools and products.  Challenge yourself - you will be surprised and happy with the results.


Inspiration is everywhere, enjoy your journey....

**more details on these challenges can be found on the Weekend Junket tab above**


Here is my piece based on the prompts above...

Decided to work in my newest journal that I created via Roben-Marie Smith (you can find it here).  The page I am working on is a bristol paper (300 series) from Strathmore.



My paint of choice is (surprise surprise) Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Paints in Lime, LemonTurquoise and Magenta


I pulled out my 'ephemera' bin...


Starting adding bits and pieces of the paper ephemera (old book paper, music sheets, deli paper prints and even some copies of my own previous pieces) randomly in strategic areas (hahaha). Adhered using Gel Medium then started scraping on bits of color  using my old and well used visa card.




Then applied some of the Lime with my finger making some marks long the way.



I then pulled out my Rae stencils from Stencil Girl Products including Rows of Triangles, 



Playful Bloom & Let Yourself Blossom


I added some black 'dots' using my Tulip Pouncer


I added a couple stamps from my stamp set created by Rae for DLP 2016.


Stamped using my favorite stamp block (Ranger) and my new favorite ink Memento Luxe permanent ink Tuxedo Black.



Thinking it needed some 'white space' I decided to add some lines of white using my old credit card and some White paint.




This is how it stands for now.  The great thing with this format of journal page, it can be done or you can continue to go back and add bits of paint and or paper at will.


Thanks for stopping by...look forward to seeing your take on this set of prompts.

Next set of prompts due to be released July 22!


No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...