Sunday, December 16, 2012

Inspired by....

Pinterest!

Was trying to get myself in the Christmas Spirit and came across this little gem of an idea at Maime Jane's.

The 6" ruler was something I found at Michael's about a year ago - just waiting for the perfect craft, glad I waited! They came natural and I simply stained them.  For the first one I used Studio Calico's Mister Huey's Classic Tan; the 'scrabble' tiles are actually not 'scrabble tiles, but Wood Alphabet Tiles by Bottle Cap Co. and I stained them using Tim Holtz Distress Stain Barn Door; the tree is from Studio Calico Wood Venners - Trees (inked with Tim Holtz Distress Stain Bundled Sage). The entire project was then distressed using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Gathered Twigs. I drilled a hole using my hubby's drill press and then topped it with a 7 Gypsies Antique Brass Metal Reinforcer and finished it off with a good size length of Divine Twine Cherry.  Adhered the tiles using TomBow's Mono Multi Glue.



On the second ornament - the tiles are stained using Tim Holtz Distress Stain Bundled Sage, the Divine Twine is Sour Apple that what colored a little bit extra with some random sprays. The Snowflake is from Studio Calico's Wood Veneer Snowflakes. The snowflake is painted with Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Gesso.  Since Maelle has the 'snake bite' above her e, I simply used two black rhinestones to make her name complete! And since I don't know how to put those 'snake bites' above her e, I will have to continue to type it wrong (sorry)!

Be sure to pop in tomorrow for the big news....one more sleep!

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...