Tuesday, September 26, 2017

More Collage Inspirations...

If you have been following along on Instagram you will have seen a week of posts on Collage using my stashes of Vintage Papers.  I have been having a blast playing with these and have found them very inspiring and satisfying.  I can take ten minutes and bam...the page is done!  I don't feel guilty while I am creating and thinking I should be working on something else!


This next one was once again done in my Canson Mixed Media Journal (9x12").  I started with a base similar to the previous post - this one is a a full page sheet of a vintage ledger then I covered part of it with some printed tissue paper.  These were both applied using Collage Pauge.


Next comes a smaller book page is approx 4x6.75" and it is almost placed in the center of the page.


The music sheet is offset and measures approx 3.75x5.75" and I used some washi tapes that were included on the packaging on the shipment I had recently received.  I have once again inked some of the edges (not all) with Ranger's Archival Ink in Tree Branch.


This next piece is simply torn off part of the packaging and inked with Jet Black Archival Ink.


The entire page took me less than 10 minutes and I really like how it turned out and the simplicity of it all.


I did one more similar to the above, but just used a different theme and focal point this time around.

The base page is a vintage music sheet that was hand done.  Over top of it is a printed music sheet that I inked the edges with Tree Branch Archival Ink and is approximately 8x7" - this time I adhered using UHU glue as I was not suing a lot of layers.


I have a 3" band of Vellum packaging that goes across the bottom third of the page and added some additional collage ephemera to the already pretty piece.   

TIPSTER: Rule of Thirds! Use it in your layouts and in your journals, it will never steer you wrong...it gives you your focal point!

The vertical band on the left is two layers - the first being a remnant from some packaging and the second is a torn piece of  printed canvas Washi Sheet/Fabric Sticker from Love My Tapes.  Torn pieces of washi tape  and the extra added bonus of the string and wax seal made it awesome (okay, I may be a bit impartial).  Knowing it needed more - I looked around my table and came across the bag of Tim Holtz Botanical Layers and found the perfect additions of the floral element and Butterfly die cuts!



Love the pop of color I added, simply tying  in the blue from the base with this vintage ticket that I just folded over the edge and stapled on using my Tiny Attacher.


Here are a few close ups...





TIPSTER: Use what you have handy! This will often allow you to think beyond what has inspired you to begin with.  Using packaging, scraps and what many would think is trash can be an added plus to your next page!


Thanks for stopping by! 

Don't forget to keep an eye on my Instagram and Facebook accounts (and I'd love it if you would follow along) as I tend to post there more often (just not as much detail)!

Most products are linked to my online store W2 Scrapbooking & Mixed Media Art Studio and if I don't carry it, I will often link to where you can find it.

until next time...

No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...