Monday, September 25, 2017

Vintage Collage

I'm back! Over this last week I have been playing a lot with my Vintage Collage papers along with others from my past and recent finds.

I will start off with the first one I did, it was a pretty much copy of one I had seen somewhere (I have yet to find where...maybe it was Pinterest...hmm), anyway, here is the image that I had seen:


I just wish I had taken a screen shot verses saving the picture (on my phone)  as now I have no way of finding it again!  If i ever do, I will be sure to link the artist for credit deserved!

So here we go for my take on this.  I started working in my Canson Mixed Media Journal (9x12") that I really wanted to finish up.  I am notorious for starting new journals...ya, you can relate can't you!  I used one of the Encyclopedia pages found in either of these bundles here or here and adhered it down using Collage Pauge.


I then took a piece of the Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap that I had left over from a previous piece and again, adhered it down using the Collage Pauge.  It was so pretty as is, I almost left it! 


TIPSTER: I will often pre-plan the layout with a variety of pieces of ephemera hoping to see that it is balanced in all aspects.  I take a photo and then look at the photo in preview so see if I am happy with it.


As I proceed with the page, you will see it will change here and there along with way as I make my decisions. For this particular one, all the remaining pieces are adhered down with UHU Glue.  I am also choosing to ink the edges. I am using Ranger's Archival inks in Jet Black and Tree Branch.


I simply continue to ink, layer and adhere until I am happy with the result.


When adding this final piece, I decided to pull out my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and add a few detail staples here and there!



In the original piece, the artist actually hand stitched the piece...ya, I wasn't going to do that when I could just grab my handy graphite pencil that is always right there!


Here are a few close ups...




TIPSTER: there is no real formula for collage - well there is, but I'm sure you do not want all the technical stuff so I'll just tell you that using these sizes applied on top of the base - 5x7", 4x6", 3x5", 2x4" and 1x3" pieces you will never go wrong as you will always end with a focal point and have the linear shape needed for success.

It was a fun page to do, quick and easy and got me wanting to do more!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Don't forget to keep an eye on my Instagram and Facebook accounts (and I'd love it if you would follow along) as I tend to post there more often (just not as much detail)!

Most products are linked to my online store W2 Scrapbooking & Mixed Media Art Studio and if I don't carry it, I will often link to where you can find it.

until next time...


No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...