Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Yay Me!

I have been trying really hard to stay focused to taking the time to create these past weeks and I must say...Yay Me!!

As you know the new Dyan Reavely Dylusions Paints had a color release and the new colors are so not the usual from Dyan.  When I opened them up and saw them, I was way more impressed that what I had seen on the net.  The colors really are luscious!  I have been suing them almost exclusively for the last week or more and have once again fallin' in love with her paints!  As the post progress, you will see which colors I prefer.

Here are a couple shots to show just how beautiful the colors are! YUM!!



[Not] Surprisingly, I have pulled out my Stencil Girl Products stencils for this one, the newest collection release from Rae Missigman called Urban Textures (there are eight in the series)

As mentioned in earlier posts, I always start my stencil layering with the lightest color.  I also continue to repeat a stencil but will switch up the colors.  I am always moving, turning, flipping and/or using different parts of a stencil as I build my base.  This particular page I had gessod and will say now (as I had forgotten from previous experience), I prefer NOT to gesso my pages in my Dylusions Journals when using her paints!  I find it softens the colors too much...ick.



You can see here, I have built quite a few layers and colors - some being just 'off' for me.  I will need to play more with the Periwinkle (blue) as I find it not to be a fave (yet). 


So wanting to tone/soften it down - I scraped on some White Paint with my palette knife and marked it up using one of my Dina Wakley Media Tools.


As you know, when ever I am still struggling even after white, the black comes out!


Still not happy, I decided to force myself to use some of the Periwinkle again and work my way back down to the lighter colors in hopes of saving this page.  I also pulled out some of Rae's earlier stencils thinking it was just the shapes that were bothering me...


Nope!  I think it was just too busy.  My eye was being drawn to too many areas - no focal point.


So, out comes the back pen!  In this case - my Pilot Multiball Fine Point! To the rescue!!  This always seems to work for me and after a few scribbles, doodles and marks...I was happy enough to turn the page with no regrets!



Keeping on the stencil theme I seem to be one lately...

Here I have pulled out a bunch of the new Crafter's Workshop ones recently added to the shop.  The first one used is Kitchen Tiles (#TCW751) using Dyan Reaveley Dylusions new color Vanilla Custard.  I decided not to gesso the page ahead of time in hopes of the colors being stronger than the previous time I had gessod the page.  As you can see, I only use parts of the stencil...


As I continue to add color (Rose Quartz & Periwinkle Blue) and layers - I move the stencil around the page simply trying to build a visual layer.


I introduce yet another color Mushy Peas this time with Lacey Tile (#TCW735), which I will easlily say is one of my new faves!  It is so versitile!!


I continue using the same stencil and bring in the Peony Blush.  I went too far and ended up covering too much up!  So in frustration....


I started finder painting!  Using Peony Blush and Liquitex Soft Body Paint in Titanium White!


Once it was dried, I took a script liner brush and dipped it in the Mushy Peas. I simply roughly and quickly went around each 'flower'.


Next it was time for some dirt - so I pulled out Graphite pencil  and scribbled around inside each flower bud.


With a wet finger, I made the dirty!


Still making sure I could see the scribbles underneath.


Happy (enough) now to move onto the next!


Don't forget to keep an eye on my Instagram and Facebook accounts (and I'd love it if you would follow along) as I tend to post there more often (just not as much detail)!

Most products are linked to my online store W2 Scrapbooking & Mixed Media Art Studio and if I don't carry it, I will often link to where you can find it.

until next time...


No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...