Monday, June 2, 2014

What If? Why Not?

...are questions I ask myself regularly when I am working in my craft room.  For so many years, we were (and in some cases are still being) told how we should be scrapbooking and how we should be using products - well as most of you know...I'm a tad bit of a rebel!  Last time I checked there were no 'Scrapbooking Police' out there that enforced how products had to be used.  I will start showing you some of my 'what if's' and 'why nots' here on the blog, I am sure some will be a success and and pretty sure some will be total flops - but honestly, that is the fun of it all!

This journal page will start it all off...

I have a fascination with anything kraft (and red and black) - honestly, my favorite combo!  So that is what inspired me to play with some Kraft light weight paper and Ink Refresher....very cool effect!  Once that was dried, I sprayed with Mister Huey's and Color Wash.  I sprayed the base of my art journal page witht he same colors and then added the manipulated scrap sheet  of kraft paper and adhered it to the page using Multi Medium.



Here comes my first 'What If?' - What if you mix Alcohol Ink with Modeling Paste? What's the worst that can happen?  


Worse that happened is that it breaks down the modeling paste.  But also, I can still work with that.  Not overly happy with the dull color, so...


Why Not?  Let's see what happens when we add Perfect Pearls (something that is in my tickle trunk and never use)!




here goes nothing!


liking the look of this one! 


So what does one do with a leaky top?


Waste not want not...I want to use it!




Once the modeling paste was dry, I stamped on it using Ranger Ink Archival Jet Black Ink and a Kaisercraft Texture Stamp Numbers


to get the drips, I simply unscrewed the top of the Mister Huey's and flicked it onto the page.


Added some Washi Tape, 7 Gypsies Ephemera and more ink...looking good!  The background on this page is simply taking of the lid of the Adirondack Color Wash Red Pepper and poured some into a palette tray then used a very wet brush to pick up the liquid and painted my page!


Here is some more Washi Tape and the verse is cut out of a sheet of Glitz Design Paper Layers Color Me Happy (I think)!


Now it is time to add what seems to be a must for me on every page...gelatos!  Used Black and Red accents on the edges...so love this look!












Thanks for stopping by...I'll try and be back soon!


No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...