By taking a good 6+ weeks off from actually creating anything, and simply just doing the day to day needs in the shop I have found my joy!
Well enough of that...I am sure you have all come here to see the new release!
This months kit is loaded with texture and even patterns. I really found my mojo playing with this one!
Here are some of my samples...
Inspired by...art journal page:
kit items used: vintage book papers, kraft frames, kraft tags
Julius....art journal page:
kit items used: vintage book papers, kraft frames, wooden glasses, printed papers (used reverse side to print off Julius) as well as torn up pieces to decorate inclusion.
YOD...art journal page
and yes...YOD does mean something! Think 'travel'.
kit items used: vintage book paper, burlap, pleated canvas, chalk tape, chipboard letter plates, weaved wicker, kraft frame, wood veneer (rectangle and gears)
The Five E's....art journal page
kit items used: burlap, weaved wicker, chalk tape, printed paper, kraft frame
Favorite Smile...art journal page
kit items used: vintage music sheet, kraft frames, chalk tape, kraft tags, frosted film
* * *
Now for my Guest Designer for September.....Katherine Currie! Katherine has done some amazing pieces and I can't wait to share with you. I always simply give the package to the guest and tell them have fun. All I ask in return is a minimum of three projects! Katherine rocked them out!
I used three Kraft frames to make photos appear like "polaroid" inspired; inked one of the Kraft frames in Mowed Lawn and added the Frosted Film over the wider area and word LIFE.created the frost effect I wanted to go with the picture of the drizzle and rainbow at the top of Sulphur Mountian. I also inked one of the die cut tags in the same Mowed Lawn and added a cork arrow to the centre & burlap string through the tag hole. I distressed the edges of the letters and I used a couple of burlap "strings" to extend the cables from my lift photo.
I used strips of the book pages as a side frame and used a hexagon punch on the book pages as the deco pages to create a shape. I broke one of the wood veneer in half and layered another on top to add depth. used the back side of a chipboard number as well to add depth to the canvas. Used my mixed media supplies to stick everything down and then covered it all with light Gesso coat. Sprayed using Bloom Sprays and painted the "grapes" with Dina Wakely paints. It still need more texture so first I used and mask on top of the wood veneer and then I used the cane webbing to create clumps of grapes on the bottom with modeling paste then dry-brushed paint over top when dry. I used pieces of the cane curled as grape vines. stamped on the back of the chipboard number. used the chalk tape to create labels clipped with mini clothes pins.
I "Mustache" This... yes its corny! Layered a strip of the deco mustache paper, wood cog, die cut tag, wood mustache and cork arrow/ outlined the wood mustache with a white gel pen. added the pleated canvas to the bottom
Covered a plain white tag with strips of book paper and inked the bottom with Fossilized Amber. Added a wood cog. layered a piece of the cane webbing with a scrap of wood veneer and burlap. from there I built a cluster of Prima flowers and pearls to look like they were climbing the webbing. Used a couple of Burlup strings at the top of the tag.
What a great job Katherine! I am always amazed how each and everyone of you take these kits to such different places! I truly enjoy seeing how you use the items. Sometimes the kit items are very simple and then sometimes I through in an item that totally throws you for a loop or sometimes you surprise me and it doesn't throw you...but me!