Thursday, October 23, 2014

Takeover Thursday - Distressed!

Hi Everyone, Anita here! It’s another Takeover Thursday and it's 
Time to get a little Distressed!

It’s been ages since I’d pulled my Tim Holtz papers and products out.   As much as I love them I have been using product with color a lot more since I started pocket scrapping.  So yesterday when I came across this Cars die cut of the character “Mater” decided to Tim Holtz it up.


I grabbed my French Industrial Paper Pad, stickers, distress stains, inks & paints and got started.  The first thing I noticed is that once I picked my paper I found that it was too flat and boring (a side effect of art journaling).  I used my Crafter's Workshop Gears Stencil and some distress ink to add visual interest.  Still finding it too flat I grabbed my Tim Holtz Bubble Stencil and put random bits of Wendy Vecchi Black Embossing Paste on it, starting to like it more.


I mounted my die cut on the back of one of the papers, distressed the paper and the die cut with Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap inks.


I wanted my title to stand out, but did not like any of the papers in the pack, so I grabbed my Distress Paints and livened up the color.  Once it was dry I brushed some Frayed Burlap Stain on for a bit more depth. Since that was in my hand, I colored a border strip as well.  I have lots of stain so why not use it!


I was then inspired to add some gears, but didn’t like the plain color of my Prima Wood Gears so I livened them up with some Color Wash & Gold Foil Color Bloom.




I layered everything on and added some French Industrial stickers, rub ons &  washi tape.   When I added the gears I set a few off the page which I trimmed with my Tim Holtz Scissors.  Rather than journal I used my Tim Holtz Label Letters to describe the layout. 


While there is no photo with this it will go in my album with our Disney trip.  I’ve recently decided it was okay to do layouts that have no photos and include them in my album.   It can be very freeing to just create for the sake of decoration.

Thanks so much for popping by and seeing what I have been up to!  Hope to see you again soon!

...."Anita Bee"


No comments:

That Other Neutral Triptych

  That Other Neutral Triptych wrapped canvases 10x10x1.5" (x3) professional grade artist materials I worked on this smaller series at ...